Cinema posters can be really interesting and visually impressive, but a lot of them are boring.
You can nearly always guess a film’s genre by a DVD cover (or the artwork in iTunes), but someone has actually analysed this a bit more.
Makes for a good read!
(and yes I know other people have done this kind of analysis – see related links below!)
- Mosaics of Movie Poster Clichés (laughingsquid.com)
- Movie Poster Cliche Mosaics – Christophe Courtois Highlights the Film Industry’s Lack of Imagination (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Analysing your film posters (philomediatrailer.wordpress.com)
- Turns out there are a lot of movie poster cliches. (eoghann.com)
- 24 of the Most Cliched College Posters (coedmagazine.com)
- How to make a romantic comedy movie poster. (williamthedictionary.wordpress.com)
- Poster Analysis (skinnylovefilms.wordpress.com)
- Movie Posters – A Glance Into The Movies (bigsexymedia.com)