Irish director Jim Sheridan is probably best known for films like My Left Foot or In The Name of the Father.
His most recent film, which got a very negative review in this weekend’s Sunday Business Post is much more commercial and stars Daniel Craig and Rachel Wiesz.
Dream House is a horror – but with this film it’s pretty clear that the horror refers not only to the film’s genre but the film itself. According to the LA Times, Sheridan was so unhappy with the cut that the studio released that he wanted his name removed from it!
Even the trailer (below) was met with negative reception, as it gives away more of the film’s plot and twists than many would be comfortable with
- Dream House – review (guardian.co.uk)
- Cinema & Film: Film Review: Dream House – (15) (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Dream House (15) (independent.co.uk)
- Dream House (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- How Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz fell in love filming Dream House (mirror.co.uk)
- Jim Sheridan Wanted Out of His Dream House Before it Was Opened to the Public (dreadcentral.com)
- Dream House Video Interviews with Director Jim Sheridan And A Behind-The-Scenes Clip (dreadcentral.com)
- Dream House Director Jim Sheridan Tried To Remove His Name From The Movie (perezhilton.com)